Sunday, June 24, 2012

Time to Harvest the Fruit in Our Lives

Many times during my training Great Grandmaster Tae Yun Kim has shared the story of the apple farmer with us.   After hearing the story, I always felt like I wanted to be a great apple farmer.  I wanted to work hard, and dedicate my life to produce a fruit that we can all be proud of.  Especially myself.  The same goes for cherries.


I didn't want to be the farmer that threw the seeds among rocks and expected cherries to grow.
I didn't want to be the farmer that planted seeds in dirt, but soon after got frustrated on how long it takes to grow a tree.
I didn't want to be the farmer, that sees the first cherry tree growing, but gets frustrated there is still no fruit.
I didn't want to be the farmer that finally gets a tree and sees cherries , but beats them down from the tree, and ruins them in the process.
I didn't want to be the farmer that lies under the cherry tree waiting for the cherries to fall into my mouth.
I want to be the patient cherry farmer that works hard, has a purpose and puts my heart and soul into accomplishing something very special in life, and can eventually see the fruits of my efforts.

Thank you Lord for giving us such a wonderful life.
Thank you Great Grandmaster Tae Yun Kim for striving to wake us up to the beauty around us.
Thank you for striving to give my appreciation and gratitude in my life.
I love this life and want to share it with others.


Please bless Great Grandmaster Tae Yun Kim with health, wisdom and strength to help many others in this world.  Thank you Lord and God Bless us all.


No comments: