1. Quality vs. Quantity - For me, it is very important the quality of my time. I don't want to be sitting at home doing nothing, or laid up sick, or unable to move. I want to be healthy, full of energy and optimism, and my life full of purpose, meaning, and love. I want to use my time wisely, and at the end of every day be able to say, "this was a good day".
2. Your family and loved ones - Don't be selfish. Take the time to plan out what will happen when you pass. Be considerate of all those around you.
2. Plan out the next 10 years of your life - If you truly realize how short life is, plan out the rest of your life. I used to think about setting 10 and 20 year goals. Now I have to set only 3 to 5 year goals. It makes me more focused on my goals, and gives me more courage to achieve my goals. It allows me to be bolder, because time is limited. Great Grandmaster Tae Yun Kim told me that life is time, and time is life. Don't throw it away, it is all you have.
3. Build your legacy - Think about what you will leave behind. Did you help people? Did you make a difference? How do you want people to remember you? When you look back on your own life, how do you want to remember yourself?
4. Spirituality - The closer I get to death, the more I seek a deeper relationship with God. There is so much beauty here in this world, and I believe we are here for a greater purpose. I believe in spirituality, and that our spirit will live on. We must prepare ourselves for this next spiritual trip.
Student and Warrior of Great Grandmaster Tae Yun Kim