Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Core Values & Purpose:



Core Values and Purpose:
What are your core values?  Did you ever think about that? 
In the past, I know I haven't.  But this is a new year, and I have been in strategy meetings.
In order to think about strategy, you must think about your core values and purpose first.
We do this for businesses every year, but what about us personally? 

Here are some lines to help define Core Values:
You do not create or set core values.  You discover core values.
You do not deduce it by looking outside.  You understand it by looking inside.
Ideology has to be authentic.  You cannot fake it.
Discovering core values is not an intellectual exercise
Do not ask, what core values should we hold?
Ask, what core values do we truly hold.

I have been a student of Grandmaster Tae Yun Kim for over 30 years.  What are my core values?
I think about Grandmaster Tae Yun Kim's life experiences, and who she is at the core.
She motivates me and inspires me.  I have watched her face so many obstacles.  I remember she entrusted her whole company to a loyal student.  It seemed to go good for awhile, but the student’s ego grew, and finally decided that he wanted more.  He wanted to take over the business and throw Grandmaster Tae Yun Kim out of the business.  What a terrible thing.  She gave him such an opportunity, and yet he tried to stab her in the back.  He ran negative internet campaigns, and stole technology, and opened a competing business.  Then he conspired with another company to buy Dr. Tae Yun Kim out.  He even went to her and told her the following:
We have more money than you.  We can buy your suppliers.  We can buy your distributors.  We can buy your employees.  Give up while you can. 
It was enough to scare anyone.  But Grandmaster Tae Yun Kim said, “no way, I would rather go die first”.  Go ahead, take your best shot.  
 Dr. Tae Yun Kim fought for the next few years, and saved her company, and came out on top.  It shows her core spirit.   To fight for what is right.  To have a positive “Can Do” spirit.  To have the indomitable spirit of overcoming – He Can Do, She Can Do, Why Not Me!!!.  

I will forever be inspired.  thank you very much.

No comments: